Current HR News
- SHRM Survey: Some Workers Favor Required Vaccinationsby Kathy Gurchiek on April 20, 2021 at 4:00 am
Nearly two-thirds—62 percent—of employed Americans do not think the government should require people to get a COVID-19 vaccination, according to new research from the Society for Human Resource Management. However, a slight majority of respondents do think employers should make these vaccinations a condition of employment.
- DOL Issues Cybersecurity Best Practices for Retirement Plansby Joseph J. Lazzarotti and Joy M. Napier-Joyce © Jackson Lewis on April 20, 2021 at 4:00 am
The Department of Labor issued much-anticipated cybersecurity best practices for employee retirement plans. Responsible plan fiduciaries, the guidance says, are obligated to ensure proper mitigation of cybersecurity risks.
- HR’s Emerging Role in Required Human Capital Reportingby Allen Smith, J.D. on April 19, 2021 at 4:00 am
HR professionals have a relatively new role to perform at public companies—contributing to the organizations’ required human capital reporting in annual reports, an obligation that the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has mandated.
- Will Colleges Be Ready for In-Person Classes This Fall?by Andrew Deichler on April 19, 2021 at 4:00 am
- British Columbia Implements Vaccination Leaveby Lisa Goodfellow and Jenifer C. Gentle © Miller Thomson LLP on April 16, 2021 at 8:00 am
British Columbia’s Employment Standards Regulation has been amended to create an unpaid leave for employees who require leave to be vaccinated against COVID-19 or to…