Current HR News
- Class-Action Lawsuits Against Employers Growby Leah Shepherd on January 27, 2023 at 10:00 am
New research shows how much class-action lawsuits against employers have increased and the need for employers to take action to prevent legal missteps.
- Supreme Court Arbitration Case Will Affect Employersby Allen Smith, J.D. on January 27, 2023 at 10:00 am
A consumer arbitration case before the U.S. Supreme Court will affect how cost efficient arbitration is for employers.
- Paid-Leave Requirements for COVID-19 Are Dwindlingby Leah Shepherd on January 27, 2023 at 10:00 am
States and localities are backing off their requirements that employers give paid leave to workers with COVID-19 after death and hospitalization rates have fallen…
- Kentucky Proposal Embraces Broader Standard for Determining Who Is an Employerby Timothy J. Weatherholt © Fisher Phillips on January 26, 2023 at 10:00 am
More businesses in Kentucky may be considered joint employers if a proposed change that appears to broaden the test for an employment relationship is finalized.
- New Jersey’s Expanded Mini-WARN Law to Take Effect Soonby Timothy D. Speedy, Isaac J. Burker, Jeffrey J. Corradino, Michael Jakowsky, James M. McDonnell, Justin B. Cutlip and Jennifer Ellerkamp © Jackson Lewis on January 26, 2023 at 10:00 am
The amendment expands the coverage of the law to workplace reductions-in-force and significantly increases an employer’s obligations after a mass layoff or plant closing.